The IGBC-AP Exam Preparatory Sessions are aimed at those dedicated & motivated professionals who want to get herself/himself accredited as an IGBC-AP.
The program focusses on a very quick preparation by clearing all necessary concepts required to qualify & ace the exam.
Thorough practice with regular mock tests and interactive sessions help in terms of having enough confidence to face the exam.
All necessary notes and practice papers will be shared with the attendee.
One is expected to be committed and focused throughout the training program.
We intend to improve your knowledge on Green Buildings & wish to contribute by inculcating desired values and principles to make the Green Building community stronger.
deltaT MEP Technical Academy,
No.82, K V Layout, 30th Cross Rd, LIC Colony, 4th Block, Jayanagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka- 560011
- The ‘Indian Green Building Council Accredited Professional Examination’ (IGBC AP) offered by IGBC is a credential for professionals to participate in green building projects.
- The examination is not based on any specific rating system. It is designed to test the knowledge of a candidate on green building design and construction.
- Qualified individuals can be involved in projects registered under the ‘IGBC rating programmes’ like IGBC Green Homes, IGBC Factory buildings, IGBC Existing Buildings etc.,
- Projects would achieve one credit point under ‘Innovation and Design’ category if an IGBC AP is part of the project team.
- All professionals with atleast 2 years of work experience (Master’s degree counts as work experience) in the building industry are eligible to appear for this examination.
- Mode and Centre of Exam-
- The examination is online, computer based and offered twice a month (i.e. 1st & 3rd Saturday of every month) though remote proctoring.
The exam would consist of 110 MCQs (multiple-choice questions)
- Each question carries one mark.
- The duration of the exam is 90 minutes.
- The qualifying score is a minimum of 85 marks
- There is no negative marking for wrong answers.
- The examination has the following four sections:
Section I: Green Building Design & Construction (50MCQs)
Section II: Building Standards & Codes (15MCQs)
Section III: IGBC Resources and Processes (15MCQs)
Section IV: Green Design Strategies & Impacts(30MCQs)
- SECTION I: Green Building Design & Construction (This section comprises of 50 questions)
The purpose of this section is to demonstrate the candidate’s general understanding of the green building design and construction industry as they relate to green building practices.
- SECTION II: Building Standards & Codes (This section will comprise of 15 questions)
This section is to verify the candidate’s understanding and knowledge on few of the local building standards and codes as they relate to environmental aspects.
- SECTION III: IGBC Processes (This section will comprise of 15 questions)
This section would test the candidate’s understanding of processes and resources related to IGBC programmes.
- SECTION IV: Green Design Strategies & Impacts (This section will comprise of 30 questions)
This section is to evaluate understanding of green building strategies and the impact that they would result in. The candidate is required to match the impact to a strategy provide